Thursday, July 30, 2009

First post!!

I suppose I should say I'm not a blogger, and don't really get the whole concept of why its so popular. Maybe its my age (38), or maybe its just that I'm not 'hip', maybe I'm a little bit 'square' and I'm not into all the new 'jive' talk. (this is a joke)

Word of warning: My humour is a more deadpan, subtle, style.

So why am I starting a blog if I'm not a blogger? Well I need help, which is why there is a paypal link. I'll explain more the more I blog, but the short version is my wife & I decided to move back to Canada. My wife is American and I came here to be with her, but I've been unemployed for over a year and a half now, and the way California's economy is going, thats not going to change anytime soon. Canada's economy is doing a lot better than the US's is, and my home province (Manitoba) is a decent place to move back to. Rent is cheap, work is available and there is schooling for both the wife & I to take. So thats why we are moving.

Why the paypal link? I am hoping that readers will feel kindly and donate $1 or more to help us move. Since I am out of work, and my wife's home based business has taken a dive we are barely hanging on as it is and cannot save enough to pay for the move. We are selling things to help pay, and I may link to ebay or amazon, but I may not. I'm not overly comfortable doing the whole thing anyway, and I don't want to push it.

So there it is and besides the whole begging for money thing I hope you'll stay around and read my forthcoming posts.

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment