Tuesday, November 10, 2009

8th Anniversary

Eight years ago my wife & I were married. While we have had our own issues to deal with, and my problems with her family, I can honestly say I am very happy with my marriage.

My wife and I have great conversations, we really enjoy each other’s company. When we were first talking we spent a lot of time on the phone, as well as emailing back and forth. In some ways starting off a relationship as a long distance one helped us to get to know each other better. If we had met face to face the first time we might not have gotten together. Both my wife & I had different ideas on what our preferences were, however by being able to talk first we ere able to fall in love with each other’s minds.

We have yet to spend any length of time by ourselves. Her mother lives with us, and considering the problems her and I have, has been very difficult for all of us. Since we are planning a move back to my hometown, we’ll have to spend some time living with my family. Something neither of us wants to do for long. It will be a great thing to be able to finally get our own place. We have a plan to be able to get our own place one year after we are both working, and that mostly consists of living on the bare edge so we can save as much money as possible, then buying a duplex and living in one side of it and renting out the other.

If you’re wondering if we have anything special planned for today, that would be a no. We simply do not have the money. We haven’t even gone out for dinner in over a year. I would love to take her out for a nice meal and just spend the night relaxing and enjoying the evening with her. Heck I’d love to have just gone away for a night or two. But, that’s just not in the cards tonight. So we’ll have leftovers and just enjoy what we can.

All in all I am in a marriage with a good woman, regardless of anything else, I have that. And that's something to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment