Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fuck you Nvidia, fuck you with a fucking fuck stick!

Ok, so I have no games that can push my new system at all. Going from a 10 year old AGP system to a 6 core is a bit of a jump obviously. I had been looking at FPS games to see what would be nice, cheap and a good game. Well Metro 2033 was on sale yesterday for $5, so I picked it up. It was one I had looked at when it was $20 and thought that would be a fair price to pay for it too, and $5 was too good to pass up.

[sidebar] Metro 2033 needs to be played through the Steam client, of which I am not a fan of. Personally I just don’t think I should have to run a 3rd party software when I want to play my game. But, that’s just me. I don’t really have a problem with Steam, I think Valve is a great company, I just want my purchases to be between me and the company that made it. So me getting the game to be run through Steam is kind of a big deal for me, maybe not for others, but for me that is pretty big. [/sidebar]

So I install it overnight, cause it took forever to download, and an hour ago I tried to play it. I get this message:

The program can’t start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So I search the net to find solutions. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nope. Same error. Do more searching to find out Nvidia decided to fuck with anyone not owning an Nvidia card and make it so the game will not work with any other card but their own.

Fuck you you fucking bastards.

This is just pure fucking bullshit I cannot believe it. I just simply do not understand it at all. I can’t find a fix for it other than one that uses two separate video cards, one Nvidia, the other an ATI. Yeah, that’s not much of a help. I can’t find any other solutions either. So until then…

Fuck you Nvidia you fucking shitheels. You get no more money from this family ever again.

Bastards.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it.

    Oh, I don't doubt the problem you're having, but I do suspect you're aiming at the wrong target.

    NVidia starts forcing games to use their hardware...how? They can't hack in to the game and set it up to magically reject AMD cards and require NVidia files. If that were possible for them to do, one would suspect they would do it more often, right? they don't, because they can't, and even if they could they'd be sued in to insolvency if they did by the developer and the publisher, who I doubt would be pleased that a hardware manufacturer fucked with their work to cut off part of their potential buying audience.

    The only people who could do that are the developers. So get mad at 4A Games, and maybe at THQ (who published).

    Rage is good. Rage at the proper target it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16223-nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present.html

    The only 'fixes' I have found have been reinstall physX. And that isn't working. I do have a support ticket in to GG so I'll see what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did NVidia tighten up control of PhysX? Yeah. And why not? It's their damn property! AMD had nothing to do with it.

    Again...NVidia didn't force 4A or THQ to utilize an apparent PhysX requirement in their game. They chose to do that all on their lonesome. They are the ones that bound the game to a specific card brand's software.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But if NVidia changed PhysX after this game was released, causing a wave of compatibility issues, just because it was their property, that's a fuckstick thing to do. If 4A/THQ decided to use a technology that worked just fine, if it was marketed to them as a "do-all" technology that would work on everything, just to have it change later on, that could potentially be actionable.
    Or maybe 4A/THQ was lazy, knew the PhysX APIs, knew they were meant for NVidia cards and used it anyway because it was too hard to learn anything else. If so, that's on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the link Brad put in an earlier comment, that post is also dated July 2009, and that meshes up with the release of the driver series it talks about where this change happened. Metro wasn't even released until March of 2010. So this change wasn't new and had been around for awhile.

    Lots of games use PhysX if it's available as optional tech...if it isn't, it just sits as a grayed out option on the video options screen. The fact that this won't even run to sart with tells me that these guys fully integrated it right in to the game's functionality (big word bonus!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbovJbKALzA

    ReplyDelete