Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Training

So I’ve been doing ‘consultative sales’ training. Basically how every call can be a sale, yet the company does not want to sell something the customer doesn’t need. Conflict much? Yes, yes indeed. Personally I hate ‘sales’ and ‘sales’ training even more.

Have I learned anything? Yeah, I’ve learned to ask a few more investigative questions, but that’s about it. I’m not going to change my basic approach in helping the customer. I’ve talked with a co-worker who is also in the training class, he’s really good with customer service skills and has been tapped to help out new hires when they first come on the floor, and he agrees with me in the way to help customers.

So while I have learned something from the class I am not going to use a lot of it. I have another half day of training and that’s it. Then its back on the phones. Yay!

I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow which will hopefully get me the note I need so work will get me my own adjusted desk. This means no one else can use it, unless I am not working, and if they do they cannot adjust anything or the shitstorm will hit. So that will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment